Mat’s bananas were going bad, aaaand I had already made muffins the night before….so clearly the best solution was pancakes. He also made me go running that morning, so, extra need for pancakes. I was going to make a healthy version with whole wheat flour and no sugar, but…I went running. I earned these. And the banana makes it healthy, right?
This recipe comes from Crazy for Crust. I normally make some adaptations but I didn’t change a whole lot this time, and they were delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 brownish bananas, mashed
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Whisk all non-liquid ingredients together (flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon) in a large bowl.
- Add in the liquids (milk, egg, vanilla, mashed bananas, vegetable oil) and stir until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips now, or put them on later to form a smiley face. Your choice.
- Melt a 1/2 tbs of butter on hot griddle/skillet or spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour desired amount of batter on skillet over medium heat. Flip when the edges begin to bubble.
- Once the bottom side is a lovely golden brown, serve with syrup or nutella or more bananas. Yummmm. 🙂