These crunchy cheesy chips are a perfect low-fat side dish! We had some friends over on Saturday night for dinner and I realized I didn’t have enough veggies on the table…so I quickly tossed some zucchini slices in the oven and the results were delicious.
Not the best picture, I know…
The only cheese Mat really likes is Parmesan, so we always have a nice big supply. I had the breadcrumbs on hand as well as the olive oil. Super easy!
I saved some of my breadcrumb+parmesan mix to add to the other side after I flipped these cuties halfway through the baking process. They were yummy!
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I use Panko)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Thinly slice your zucchini and toss with the tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Coat each zucchini slice with the bread crumb mixture, making sure to cover both sides.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the slices closely.
- Bake for ten minutes, then remove from oven and flip slices to the other side. Top with remaining crumb mixture and bake another 10 minutes.
Recipe tips came from: Rasa Malaysia