Oh. My. Gosh. These are dangerous. Seriously, if you’re trying to stay healthy, don’t read this. But if you want joy in your life, please keep reading.
I brought these to Sunday dinner with the in-laws and Mat almost cried when he saw we didn’t have any leftovers. I guess I’ll just have to make more…..
The crust is super simple: crushed up graham crackers, sugar, and butter. Yummmm. The cheesecake topping is simply cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
And Nutella, of course! We all love Nutella. I put mine in the microwave in a separate bowl for a few seconds to make it easier to spread. Sadly my bars don’t look nearly as pretty as the ones from Sally’s Baking Addiction, but they sure tasted good!
The only bummer? You have to wait a loooong time for these to chill. Like, 3 whole hours. It’s agonizing. But so so worth it.
- 10 full-sheet graham crackers, crushed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbs butter, melted
- 2 packages cream cheese (16 ounces), softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Nutella, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 8×8 pan with foil
- For crust: crush graham crackers into small crumbs, mix with sugar and melted butter. Press into 8×8 pan and bake for 5 minutes
- For filling: beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Spoon onto crust and spread. Drop large spoonfuls of Nutella on filling and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool for 30 minutes, then move to fridge to cool for at least 3 hours.
- Lift foil from pan and slice your cheesecake bars. Try not to eat it all in one night.