These are SO YUMMY!! I’ve been wanting to try a recipe like this, but Mat doesn’t like eggs. That’s okay, more for me. 😉
My inspiration for this recipe comes from Iowa Girl Eats, who also has a picky husband. She made these in mini version, but I liked mine full-sized because they’re so dang good and I’m always so dang hungry in the mornings. I don’t know how people live without breakfast.
My biggest tip? Spray the pan. Actually, don’t just spray it…shower it. You don’t want to risk these beauties sticking to the edge.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can freeze them and save them for later. Make these on a lazy weekend and you’re good to go for the rest of the week.
- 2 cups quinoa–cooked
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 chopped parley, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup diced ham (or bacon or sausage!)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesean
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and start cooking quinoa on the stove
- Combine all ingredients, adding in quinoa when ready
- Spray muffin tin (a lot) and bake for 25-30 minutes
- To freeze: place in large zipblock bag. When ready to eat, microwave for 20-40 seconds.
- For mini cups: bake 15-20 minutes.